Rad Reading March

My book I read in march was SPIDER BITE by Justin D’ath. This book is about a boy named Sam taking a walk in the park with his brother and someone crashes into a tree in a hot air ballon. And Sam goes to save her and the ballon starts to fly in the air. Then a spider somehow bits Sam’s brother and the ballon crashes into a zoo and Sam has to get antivenin to save his brother’s life from a venomous spider bite.

I recommend reading this book. This is because this book is about adventure and action-packed thriller about a spider. Also, I recommend reading this book because it shows bravery and suspense. Finally, I recommend reading this book because there are lots of obstacles and suspense that will have you on your toes.

Sam is my favorite character. This is because he is brave, on page (57-58) “I lowered my feet, slowly, until… they… finally… touched the 30,000 volt wire. Nothing happened.” This proves he is brave because he risks his life to save his families. Also Sam is my favorite character because he is smart, on page (13) “I’d learned the recovery position in first aid at my old school.” This shows Sam is smart because he knows first aid, and if he didn’t, the pilot would have died. Finally Sam is my favorite character because he is intelligent, page (74) “without the gas bottles aboard, we would no longer be falling as fast.” This quote proves why Sam is intelligent because if he didn’t throw over the gas bottles, Sam, Jordan, and Myrtle would have crashed into the city.

My favorite quote is on page (88), “the wall was fifty feet high and absolutely sheer. Carefully, I worked my way around its padded edge. Below me, one of the bears made a loud, yawny growl.” This my favorite quote because it shows Sam’s willing to risk his life to try to save his little brother’s life. Also, this is my favorite quote because it proves Sam’s determination to save Jordans (his little brother)(s) life. Finally I recommend reading this book because it shows Sam is fearless against a huge Kodiak bear.