Rad Reading – April

The book I read in April was BUSHFIRE RESCUE by Justin D’ath. This book is about a boy named Sam that is at his Grandparents ranch. While Sam is riding Susie (his Pops horse), Susie happens to trip and fall and crash into a wired fence. That’s when Sam notices two people in a running truck with a trailer that he’s never seen before at the ranch that look very suspicious. This is when they both make eye contact with each other and the man confronts Sam to ask if he needs help. That’s when Sam realizes that the men don’t work at Pops ranch, they are there to capture and take a prizewinning bull that his grandparents own. When Sam finds this out he freaks out and…

I recommend reading this awesome book. This is because the book has many suspenseful and breathtaking moments. Also I recommend reading this book because makes you realize how important it is to know your way around nature. Finally I recommend reading this book because it leaves you on a cliff hanger every chapter so you always want to read this book non-stop.

In this book Sam is my favorite character. Sam is my favorite character for many reasons. One reason is because he is tough, on page 68-69 “It was so painful I nearly blacked out again. Already the bridge of my foot was turning red and purple. You didn’t need an x-ray to know it was broken.” This proves he’s tough because he kept on going with a visibly broken foot. Sam is also brave, on page 83 “I would have to succeed where four hundred and twelve professional rodeo riders had failed.” This demonstrates that Sam is brave because he rides a bull that over four hundred pro’s had failed to ride to save his grandparents bull. Finally Sam is smart. This is proven on page 29 “The second plank popped off its bolts as if they were made of play dough.” This shows Sam is smart because if he didn’t pop off the plank then the rustlers would have gotten away.

My favorite quote is on page 118. “Make your surroundings work for you.” This is my favorite quote because if Sam didn’t make his surroundings work for him, he would have died to the bushfire. Also this quote is meaningful because it can relate to everything in life, and make you realize how important it is to use your surroundings. Finally this is my favorite quote because you can identify potential dangers and take important measures to protect yourself.