“RAD READING-SEPTEMBER”

For this month, I read Lawn Boy by Gary Paulsen. This story is about a boy on summer break wanting an inner tube. But he didn’t know how he was going to get the money. Then, his grandma gives him a lawn mower for his birthday. He starts mowing lawns for money, then meets a guy named Arnold. Arnold helped Lawn Boy earn extra money by buying Lawn Boy stocks.

I recommend reading this book because it’s exciting to learn about the stock markets and how to make extra money in the summer. For example, Lawn Boy wants to make money over the summer to get an inner tube. He then makes a lawn mowing business and earns a lot of money over the summer.

My favorite character is Lawn Boy. Lawn Boy is my favorite character because he inspires me to try new things even if it’s rough during the beginning. A quote that proves this inspiration is “I didn’t want to mow lawns because it was difficult and time consuming, but once I’d done it for a while, it felt easier than ever and I made a lot of money out of it!” This quote proves that sometimes trying new things could be rough at the beginning but could pay off in the end.

My favorite quote from Lawn Boy is,“I didn’t want to mow lawns because it was difficult and time consuming, but once I’d done it for a while, it felt easier than ever and I made a lot of money out of it!” This is my favorite quote because it inspires me that sometimes trying new things could be rough at the beginning but could pay off in the end. For this reason, this is my favorite quote because it made me be inspired to try new, difficult things.

One thought on ““RAD READING-SEPTEMBER””

1. Logan, please try and find different quotes to talk about. You repeated yourself in this blog post. I know that in an entire book, you have lots to choose from so make sure there is variety in your writing. 🙂